USE YOUR INSIDE VOICE

Somethings are better left unsaid. If I could just emphasize. Completely unsaid.

Say for example, the all time offence "gee! have you put on weight?!" That's an all time offense even to the skinniest ladies. If you can't work on getting a more polite statement, and if in any case saying it won't change the situation...use your inside voice and say it to yourself.

If you have the gift of the gab and you have the tendency to  put your foot into your mouth... work on being subtle; may take you some time but you'll get there.

I got this phrase 'speak with your inside voice' from a friend a while back, and it's become an all time favorite.  I have often been guilty of uttering aloud my inside thoughts and I must say, I have ended up a tad bit embarrassed, having to explain myself, which often doesn't go too well.

When we think before we speak, a lot of the emotional damage that happens would reduce, and yes we would often be at better emotional conditions. (sounds like a disease) Words have the power to build and destroy hence the importance to think about what we say before we say it.

If i look back in time, I can recall when someone I cared for said words that built me...that makes me smile to date, in the same breadth, I can think of one or two people who uttered words they can't take back and they hurt, even now at the remembrance of them. Think back, i'm sure you can recall some too. Dwell on the good.

Out of the abundance of the mouth, the heart speaketh. Be attentive to what you say; think before you speak, and when you feel you itchy and you have to speak, use your 'inside voice' that way, the words remain with you, ready to dispense when you can utter them with a purpose to build the other person.

Don't underestimate the value of the inside voice.




Comments

  1. OK totally unrelated but is that your pic to the right? You look different

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude, it's me, just a different look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PREPAREDNESS

RELAX AND HAVE A LAUGH